Monday, October 30, 2006

Doofus is Me


I can't believe what I did this morning. I had written into my little calendar(mentioned in a previous post) that my son had preschool today. It said "PK-Trick or Treating" for today. I got him all ready in his costume and took him to school. Yeah, no school today. That would have been embarrassing enough but to make matters worse, there was another class there today. We got all the way inside the class before I figured it out. I'm so glad he didn't have a costume involving any face paint or anything. We just slipped him out of his "armies" as he's calling them and continued on with our day. What a HUGE dork I am. Man!
On a completely different note...the Halloween party was a major success. There were a lot of people and almost everyone had a great costume. There were a few who showed up later with little or no costume. They were lucky we were all drunk by the time they got there. Otherwise, they would have had to wear the Mr. Potato Head costume that was tucked away for their kind. You know the kind. They put on something slightly different than their everyday clothes and maybe cover themselves in glitter or something but by no means are they wearing a costume. Losers.
My personal favorite costumes of the year...
-My own husband who was Alex from "A Clockwork Orange". He was creepy and wonderful. The jock strap with cup was pretty sexy too... Ok, maybe not.
-Angela who was an "Anxiety Attack" wearing a t-shirt with prescription meds taped to it and was carrying a GIANT martini glass and had mascara running down her face.
-Giovanni who came as Jack from Jack in the Box. He had a paper mache head that looked EXACTLY like the guy from the commercials. It was perfect.
-Jen as the girl from "The Birds" with little bloody birds all over her. Classic.
-My uncle Rob as a nun. Nuff said.
-Devon as Moses, accompanied by his girlfriend Kendra, who was none other than a beer bottle.
Oh man, there are so many that I can't remember at the moment. It was all good. Very nicely done Amy!

4 comments:

froelica said...

I tried texting (texting? is that a word?) you on Saturday but looking back I'm pretty sure I was texting the wrong number (your house number instead of your cell phone). Now I'M the doofus.
At the last minute (7pm or so) I found out that not only were all my friends going to a party at Dylans, but that James had gotten off work and he was going too. We were thinking about going to both parties, but then realized we didn't want to go all the way out to hillsboro and the all the way out to east portland. Sorry!!! No hate me!

By the way, I've had tentative plans to be Alex from a Clockwork Orange each year for several years :)
Too bad I missed all the costumes!!!

I heard you might be helping tomorrow? If so, see you then :)

Anonymous said...

Did I send youTHIS...well now I have.

Stragely, you aren't in any of the pictures i don't think... although half of them are from a party you weren't at.

Emily said...

Sarah you are absolutely correct - it was great! I am going to start now thinking of a good costume for next year!

Amy said...

Yes I agree, had we been more with it those idiots would have been shoved into that Potato Head costume or kicked to the curb. I'm with Emily and already thinking about my costume for next year. The women need to show up the men next year. And who's with me in making it invite only?