Thursday, September 28, 2006

Yummy Goodness


I have found my new favorite food. It's called "blushing apples". You take an apple and boil it in strawberry jello and cinnamon until it's tender and add a whole bunch of cool whip. Yes, it's as good as it sounds. Like apple pie, only better because it's hot pink. I just made it last night and have already gone to the store to replenish my supply of granny smiths. What's better is that it's only 1 point on Weight Watchers! :)
So...I'm going to make it for our dinner party tomorrow night. We're having Amy and Aaron over so we can decide where we want to go with our free vacation and when. And that means that I should be cleaning the house instead of sitting here jotting down my stupid thoughts of apples soaking in pink jello, oh the gloriousness of the jello and the warm gooiness of the apples. STOP!
I'm going to make myself some coffee and listen to the last 3o minutes of Mark and Brian and THEN clean the house....

4 comments:

Amy said...

The pink apples sounded good over the phone but the picture makes them look even better. However, it cann't compete with the picture of homemade Mac-n-Cheese staring at me from the cover of a cookbook on the coffee table. I don't even like cheese that much but it looks incredible.

I'm going to bring it by tomorrow to torture you. Why should I be the only one to suffer?

On the other hand, we could make it and suffer the consequences together. At least this way we will have eaten the yumminess. Just a thought.

kara said...

Oh I see how it is...you have to be going on vacation with you to get a dinner invite. Well I say PHOOEY! I can probably figure out how to boil my OWN apples. Maybe. Probably not.

Sarah said...

Kara, I'm sorry. I will boil some apples just for you sometime soon.

Amy, now all I want is Macaroni and Cheese. With the burned cheese crust and a little salt. Mmmmmmm

kara said...

promise? when? when when when? wednesday night? what are you doing wednesday night? can you boil apples wednesday night? can someone have a typing stutter?