Friday, September 22, 2006

Dump the Dogs


This is what Papa tells me every time I bring up the dogs. It doesn't matter if I'm complaining about them, which is what I'm usually doing regarding the dogs, or if I'm just casually mentioning them. He always tells me to "dump the dogs". I did. Well one of them anyway.
We placed an ad in the Oregonian that went in the paper today. I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing at 7:10 am. "Hi, I'm calling about your 1 yr old Boxer". I had already forgotten that I'd placed the ad. He wanted to come right out and see her. He LOVED her and took her away. Part of me is sad but a much larger part of me (no, not talking about my stomach) is soooo happy! We sold her for $195.
We still have Abbie, but she's just a grumpy old lady anyway. She is content to just sit around all day and sleep. Exactly what a dog should do in my opinion. None of this energy crap. I don't have enough for myself, let alone the kids and 2 dogs.
Would you all please remind me of this particular entry when I start talking about a cute little dachsund puppy? Yeah, my father-in-law's miniature dachsund is pregnant. I can't really imagine anything more adorable than a dachsund puppy. Oh, a clean house ain't bad.

1 comment:

Amy said...

No dachshunds! Think about it... if you get angry at it you could literally punt it across the room and then you would be harming an animal and "cruelty to animals" would get thrown around. It would be a mess.

Just say no to dachshunds.