Thursday, September 14, 2006

All the Leaves Are Brown


Fall is near. I can taste it, smell it. Oh, and it's freakin' cold outside. I couldn't be happier. By the end of April every year I'm so ready for a bathing suit and lakes and barbecues and cold beer and lemonade, etc. I'm done with that feeling. Now all I want in the world is some rain and a sweatshirt.
Really though, it's the holidays that we get to look forward to at this time of year. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a glorious 3 months. I'm actually proud of Target for being so bold as to introduce Halloween to the world in early September. We really do need two months to get ready for it. At least I do. I am already having panic attacks about what I'll wear this year for "the party". Thank goodness all the stores have their costumes out so I won't have to make a last minute decision. Yeah right.
On a completely different note, I've lost 8 pounds in the last week. Sure, I'm starving and grumpy, but my fat jeans are starting to feel a little loose. I might be able to go shopping soon. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Damn you, and your eight pounds! I've only lost four and I even went to the gym twice. Stupid gym.

I'm with you on the love affair with fall. Sweaters, bonfires, pumpkins, cedar boughs, crisp air, warm soups, storms... I love every bit of it.

I have my costume idea for the party; I thought of it 10 months ago, but I'm still worried about being able to execute it. We'll see.

kara said...

Fall is great until Mama Cass goes and chokes herself on a ham sandwich...and then it becomes the day the music died. The end.