Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Quality "Dad Time"


So this post is mostly for Kara. She told me I needed to post more of the funny things the kids say before I forget them. Here's a goody.
Saturday night, I went to Emily's house with Kate and Lauren for a jewelery party. Meanwhile, Josh and Hayden were hanging out at home.
When the kids reunited later that night, they were rehashing their time away from eachother, trying to make the other one jealous. Lauren said, "I won a free bracelet in the raffle, played with Molly and Charlotte and ate a brownie". Hayden (in his best "Hayden voice") responded with, "Yeah, well I watched Dad play a video game, watched Mythbusters, helped with the dishes and helped Dad pour beer into a metal cup".

This is where I start laughing so hard I almost had to pull the car over. I called Josh to tell him what I had just heard. What Hayden had meant by "beer into a metal cup" was "whiskey into a flask". I'm so glad Hayden got to be a part of that...

6 comments:

Nicole said...

That is too funny! I'm cracking up! Kids say the damnest things I tell ya! :)

Emily said...

I love Hayden!!! That is such a classic Josh/Hayden moment - I love it!!!

froelica said...

Heheheh!!! That's freaking classic! :)

James said...

Oh my god, Josh is the cooolest!!! Jesus that's funny.

Amy said...

This is why Hayden is one of my favorite people.

I love the need to out-fun one another. Best part is that Hayden thinks watching Josh play a video game is a good time, he doesn't even have to be the one to play. Like when he wanted to watch us cut paper, because "it looks fun."

You just know if you tried to pull that video game crap with him he would be in your lap taking over so fast it would make your head spin.

kara said...

Pouring whiskey into a flask is a good team building exercise. I'm certain that this event will insure Hayden's place as everyone's desired lab partner in his future schooling endeavors.