Monday, October 15, 2007

PrinciPAL? I think not.


Today was one of those days...

Josh got up with the kids and got them ready. I woke up a few minutes before they were going to leave for school and went down to help get them out the door. They left, so I came back upstairs to snuggle with the still sleeping Kate. I fell asleep nursing her, thinking this was going to be a great, peaceful day with both older kids in school. At 8:40ish, I got a call from the school. "William (Hayden's first name for those who don't know) doesn't have school today" is what the cruel receptionist tells me. So, I have to get myself and Kate dressed. We were freaking asleep! So, that sucked...
Hayden came home and we hung out for the morning and early afternoon. It wasn't awful or anything, but he was bored and kept asking me when we would be going to get Lauren or when we were going to have lunch or any other question he could come up with. So, not peaceful.
At about 1:30, I realized it was early release day. That means that I have to be at the school at 2:05, rather than 2:35. I was showered, but not dressed. Kate was neither. I still hadn't had any lunch, because it's kind of hard to get yourself food when you have a newborn attached to your boob all the time. So, we left to get Lauren and I hadn't eaten since 7:45 am.
Thennnnn...I got to the school and had to circle the parking lot 3 times before finding a place to park. I sent Hayden to retrieve Lauren so I wouldn't have to get out of the car with the baby. After a few minutes, I'm starting to wonder where my children are. Just then, the principal comes up to the window and informs me that she won't let them walk all the way to the curb. I will have to drive around to get them. I wanted to hurt her. So anyway, it took me 10 minutes to get her. It ususally takes about 2.
After that, our day was great. We spent a few hours at Emily's house. She made me coffee, God bless her.
I am aware that this was THE lamest post in the history of posts. Oh well, you get what you get. I'll throw in a funny picture to make it better.

10 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad I could finish your day on a good note. Sorry for the craziness - but tomorrow should be a peaceful day.... the only one this week.... sorry!!! :) Hey I have to go to the dentist tomorrow with Molly - it should be interesting...... feel sorry for me - I know I do!

Mac said...

No lameness Sarah.
Just the beginning of many more days just like that.
Heh heh heh...

Amy said...

Um wow. I think if the parent wants to let their children walk the extra twenty feet from the curb to the car then let them! Good god.

kara said...

you should've punched the bitch in the face and screamed "violence solves EVERYTHING!" and sped off. that would've been the mature thing to do.

Emily said...

I like Kara's idea.... punch the principal in the face.... that would be the RIGHT thing to do.... :)

froelica said...

What a cunt. The principal, that is.

I would never call that a lame day or a boring post because I am still unemployed and utterly unoccupied. Compared to me, your life is RIVETING, so fear not :)

Susie Q said...

Oh Boo, I'm sorry. Sounds heinous!
This business of school every other day, except on YomKippur, twice a month on Mondays except for the month of Rastafarian Hashish Consumption, or some such hogwash, would make me insane.
What happened to good ol' school Monday through Friday except on holidays?
Don't even get me started on the absurd amount of "Teacher Traning Days", or "Report Card Prep Days" Good grief! ((shaking head, muttering "tsk,tsk"))

James said...

I agree with Ashley, you do and put up with more shit in one day then I do in a month. Soo...fret not my sista.

froelica said...

Rastafarian Hashish Consumption?!?! That made me laugh pretty hard.
So wrong.

But seriously, what DID happen to Mon-Fri, 8-3???? I guess it made too much sense and they had switch it up. Keeps people on their toes.

kara said...

now you KNOW you have things to be putting on here. get to it!