Thursday, August 16, 2007

33 Weeks Today!


I can't believe I'm already at 33 weeks. It's crazy how fast this pregnancy has gone by. It's wierd because the date "October 4th" (my due date) sounds like it's forever away, but it's NOT! It's only 7 weeks from now. I'm starting to freak out just a tad.

There are a few things that need to be done before this baby enters the world (not to mention exits me). One big one is that the entire house has to be clean. I don't even remember the last time the whole house was clean all at once. It was probably in the same week we moved in, almost 4 years ago.

We have to get a dresser from Sarah and Rob for the baby's clothing. She is living out of bins for now. Luckily, she doesn't need to wear clothes yet.

I really would like to have the upstairs carpets steam cleaned too, but I'm kind of incapable of doing so. I almost passed out this morning from cleaning the toilet. Too much bending over the lump in the middle of my body. Kinda takes the breath right outta ya. Josh will have to do that if he can find the time.

The biggest thing though is that I need to get this baby facing the right way. I was told at my appointment last week that she is head down (thank God) but facing up, or towards my front. Since I'm delivering at home, there is no room for added pain. With posterior deliveries, there is a TON of back pain and usually takes longer to push. I don't want anything to do with either. So think thoughts of flipping for me please.

8 comments:

Susie Q said...

KATE! I can't wait! Don't be late! It's gonna be great! ((sorry, stopping now))
AND...
*Sending flipping thoughts your way*

Sarah, let me know and we can do a "mass" clean for you. Gather the girls together and tear up you abode.

Or we could ask Ruby, but she is also due... like now! She has a friend helping her.
(Just got her a baby gift this morning)

Mac said...

There once was a baby named Kate.
Who flipped for her Mommy.
How great.
When on her B-Day.
Had not much to say.
But where is my food.
Can't wait!

I would be happy to clean the carpets if needed.

Sarah said...

Dad, how do you do that? I couldn't come up with a limerick if I had to!! Well done!
I'll let you know if your carpet cleaning expertise will be needed. :) Thanks for the offer.

kara said...

limericks concerning childbirth are...interesting.

hey - we were just talking about popcorn here at work and i was boasting that i had an air popper, when i realized that i have no idea if i still have an air popper. i know i lent it to you literally years ago, but is it still with you? or did i lose it in a move?

Haley said...

Sarah.. we should just go on some roller coasters. That should take care of the flipping issue.

froelica said...

Don'y even worry about it Sarah. I had a little convo with Kate about it and she said its a done deal. You're in. Or out. Whichever one fits best for what we're talking about...

Unknown said...

Speaking of Kate
her blanket is almost done

and I'm asking the 'rents for my college visit weekend to be sometime after the 4th so I can give her the blanket in person

Nicole said...

Has she flipped yet? Gotta keep us people's out of state in the "news"!