Monday, April 23, 2007

What a Weekend!


We had Molly for the weekend. I love her so much and she is one of the funniest kids I've ever known. That being said, she is almost 2 and you probably know what that means. She's bipolar. I remember when Lauren was that age, she would go from happy and smiling to screaming and throwing things in a matter of 2 seconds, with absolutely no provoking. It really is pretty humorous after the initial shock. It was a good weekend for us, a constant reminder of where we'll be in about 2 years. Whew, we're starting all over again.

I have to give Molly some credit though, we made her go go go all weekend. We started out Friday night by being the responsible adults we know we can be. She had a wholesome dinner, a bath and was in bed by 8pm. Yes, that is the way you are SUPPOSED to take care of a toddler.
Saturday morning, it all turned to crap. We had to have Hayden at his game to warm up by 10:30am. Josh took him, while I got the girls ready and headed to the store to buy a birthday gift for Lauren's classmate. We somehow made it to the game, present in the car, by 11:20. We then headed to Chipotle for lunch with Josh's parents and then directly to the birthday party, arriving only 20 minutes late. Molly did really well at the party, playing with all the 6 year olds and eating cake. When she'd had enough, we went home. She took a 2 1/2 hour nap and then we were off again! The kids spent the night with Josh's family and we stayed there for pizza. She didn't get to bed until almost 10 that night, poor baby.
So besides the random aversion to Josh, the crayon on the back of my couch and the cheerios and milk all over the floor, we had a pretty good weekend! But it's nice to be back to our "quiet" house again.

3 comments:

kara said...

well...i bought a scooter...but they wouldn't let me take it home just yet. and i had to get an extra small helmet on account a pin-headedness. yep.

Sarah said...

Oh, is that the big thing you're going to tell everyone in your blog on Wednesday? Cool! You can bring your "home persona" to Hillsboro now! (I know, you've been dying to do that)

Emily said...

I'm not sure if I should apologize or just say hahaha - no I'll stick with apologizing! If I don't it will come to bite me in the butt.... I am so sorry she was a "2 year old" for you all weeknd - but thank you again for taking her - it was such a life saver! She had a great time and was clean and adorable when I picked her up - she was having such a good time that she didn't want to leave..... :)