Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Suburbia Sucketh

Sunday was Lauren's birthday party. It pretty much rocked everyone's socks off. Literally. The party was at OGA (Oregon Gymnastics Academy). There were 18 kids there, along with their parents and a few brave childless adults. The best part was the foam pit. Jon, Haley, Maggie and I went in with the kids. I could see the look of interest in a few of the other adults (Josh, Stefan, Emily) but they didn't make it in. The only thing is you have to remember to remove socks BEFORE jumping in. It's a little like quicksand and will eat your socks. Luckily, no socks were hurt in the making of this party.
When the mayhem, uh I mean party was over, Papa and Connie took Lauren, Hayden and Audrey to the "River House". This would be Connie's son's vacation home near Battleground. Connie's granddaughter Sarah was there with her mom Pam. The kids had a wonderful time. Connie said the only problem was with Hayden. He wanted more Froot Loops. :)
So, since the kids were gone, Josh and I decided to go to dinner. We still had Kate, but she doesn't eat so she's still a cheap date. We headed out a little after 8 and NOTHING was open. Seriously, we tried like 4 different places. We went to Safeway, bought food to make at home and then found a sushi place right next door on our way out. It was open 'til 9:30. Sweeeet. We followed our sushi dinner with a trip to Blockbuster. We found 4 previously viewed dvds. Yes, we OWN Borat now.

5 comments:

Mac said...

Rat sacks.
I wish we could have gone to LC's party.
We had planned to all the way home until Mom began feeling really bad.
Oh well.

Emily said...

Sarah - the birthday party was awesome. I know the girls had a good time too. Sorry about the sucky town of Hillsboro having NOTHING open - that's just crazy! I wouldn't know because I am in the house and tucked away by around 8pm - you see I turn into a pumpkin at midnight.... or maybe it's my girls turn into devils around 7:30pm - you take a guess which one is more accurate.

kara said...

I think birthday parties are awesome too. But only when they contain presents just for me. And a single serving sized poppyseed cake with glazed frosting. And balloons with my name and "you're the queen" on it. What. Selfish?

Susie Q said...

Is it just me or does the idea of a sock devouring pit sound terrifing? Wasn't there a CSI episode with a kidnapping from a ball pit in a Chucky Cheese kinda place?
Yeah, thanks anyway...
But we really did want to be there for LC

froelica said...

Hillsboro sucketh indeed. For that reason alone, I LOVE living 5 minutes from downtown. You can get food at any given moment of the day. It may not be very healthy food at 4 am, but I can guarantee it will be delicious..