Thursday, November 29, 2007

Changes


Well, today was Josh's last day as a full time employee of the Public Defenders' office. He starts his new job for the Library Services on Saturday. It's a bittersweet day for both of us. He has been working there for an astonishing 10 years. I met him downtown for lunch today. We actually ate in his lunchroom with a bunch of his coworkers. There were so many well-wishers and genuinely sad goodbyes. We went back to his office after lunch and as I was sitting there nursing Kate and Josh was down the hall taking care of last minute business, I was thinking about all the times I had come downtown for lunch with him. The first time was when we were first dating. My car overheated on the freeway and I was about 45 minutes late and had no cell phone to call him. It was mighty embarrassing... I was remembering all the times I brought our kids in to see him, starting with baby Lauren and ending today with baby Kate. Wierd, we're so much older now. He started that job in highschool and we're 27 years old now with 3 kids.
So here's to new beginnings!

4 comments:

Mac said...

Way to go Josh. I can say as the Father of Knoskers of Zib that I am very proud of him.
As for new beginnings? They are always good. We have gone through many "new beginnings" and they have always turned out good.
Washington County is very fortunate to have decided on Josh.

And now, you can have luch with him at local spots.

Susie Q said...

Sarah, I couldn't be more proud of Josh. He is an outstanding young man and our family has been blessed to have him in it.
My prayer: I will pray for a smooth transition in the new job and a confidence in his God-given abilities.
I love you both...

kara said...

I was going to ask when that was starting. Yay new beginnings! And watch out for the transients who like to clean themselves in the library bathrooms.

froelica said...

Ch-ch-ch-changes....
Ah David Bowie.

On a more related note: congrats!