Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It's All Good




It's funny how people put so much faith in doctors. I haven't been to a doctor this pregnancy because we are going to be using a midwife instead. We're planning to do a home birth and be hippies this time. For the last two pregnancies, I took a home test, called my entire family and close friends when it was positive and then saw my doctor within a few days to have an official test done. This "official test" is the same as the store ones, just done by someone with a degree.


This time, it was different. I took the test and then nothing followed. We went to meet the midwives, but they didn't do any kind of testing. I was starting to second guess myself. I know...stupid...my belly's getting bigger, etc...


So this afternoon, I swung by the Dollar Tree to get me one of those quality tests. It was positive, of course. But I felt SO relieved! On the way home, I had planned my reaction to it being negative. I was going to cry a lot, and then drink a six pack of whatever was handy and eat a butt load of sushi and brie.


Instead, here I sit munching on an apple and a glass of milk. I hear that's better for growing a baby than beer. Just a rumor.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I too have heard that rumor - milk and apple over beer and sushi for the growing baby.... I bet when we get to heaven God is going to say - what? Beer is best for the baby - lots of good vitamins... :) or maybe not!
Good to hear you are "still" pregnant - not that I had any doubts...

kara said...

Hmmm...I thought once you "knew" you really "knew". Though that doesn't really make sense to me, I'm confident that you'll have no problems with it.

froelica said...

Lies, LIES I tell you. Beer is good, and it makes your tummy bigger (think beer-gut) so that means it makes your baby grow faster. Right?