Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's Alive!!


Swishashwishaswhisha...that's what we heard yesterday. That would be the sound of the baby's heartbeat. What an awesome thing, even if it did take about 5 minutes to finally hear it. I was starting to get really nervous when she found the little sucker at last. That little sucker is approximately the size of a peach now, for those of you who gave me crap about the food comparisons. Food is all I can think about, so it's fitting.

All in all, our first appointment was great. The midwives are very nice and knowledgable. I feel just as safe, if not more so, than I did with my previous pregnancies. This whole crazy thing should be fun!

On another, completely unrelated note, we are going to see Allison Krauss and the Union Station at the Edgefield in July! Weee! I really like them, but Josh is freaking in love with her. He told me he's so excited he thinks he might pee. I really hope he doesn't. We are going with my parents and hopefully James and Ashley. We're going to spend the night too, I can't wait! I told them I will be their designated walker, since we won't have to drive anywhere. Ashley said I will be responsible for making sure she walks in a semi-straight line. It's good to have purpose.

3 comments:

kara said...

Getting to be time for the stretchy fabrics, huh.

Susie Q said...

Hey boo, I've got a REAL blog now, check me out...
Susie Q

froelica said...

Now don't you feel important? If I fall over I'm blaming you....

On a related note- I think James wants to go still. I think he might get us in for free though (dodges tomatoes flying from Sarah, Josh, Sue, and Jim). See, its good to be James' girlfriend sometimes ;)