Monday, December 11, 2006

Here's to New Traditions!


So my dad is the king of old-fashioned traditions. We all LOVE it and totally live for all the cool things he comes up with. It's awesome!

In the spirit of Christmas tradition, he bought some gingerbread houses for the kids to decorate at his house last night. What a cool idea, right? I mean, what kid doesn't like to stick candy to cookies in the shape of a house. It's like a Kodak moment waiting to happen, right? Wrong.

The adults took over and turned it into the gingerbread house decorating fiasco of the century. There was some serious competition between the girls and the guys. It was a bit reminicient of the "Cartel" vs. the "Women" Life game at the beach this January.

The girls' house looked like your typical pretty gingerbread house.

The guys'.....well check out the picture. They started it off with a giant anarchy symbol on the roof and topped it off with the huge door "knockers" on the front. Somewhere in between there was a "back door" (yes, dirty) with the words "oh oh oh" instead of "ho ho ho". Sick puppies I tell you. It was fabulous.

My dad bought some chestnuts "for the roasting". Let's see what disgusting things we can come up with. Let's make it a Christmas to remember....

5 comments:

froelica said...

"Snatygaf" is my word verification. I believe it is some sort of long-snooted ant-eater. Actually, I think he is omnivorous... Yeah, I like that.

I keep trying to post stuff on here but it wont let me (blasted technology). But I think this time it will. Lets see....

froelica said...

Wahoo!! Victory is mine.

kara said...

I can't send your Christmas card...apparently it's too "small". Postal employee fuckers. I'll figure something out.

Oh, and you're seeing the Shins are you. I saw them when they came last time...FOR FREE! Ooooooh. I work with an ex-band member. Oh yeah, I know people...in fact...he was at Amy's party. So, you kind of know people too.

froelica said...

Well we get in for free too. Mwa ha ha!!! Getting in free to a sold out concert. Ain't nothin' better, I tells ya.

froelica said...

Do you parents own any of the seasons of the West Wing, or did they just Netflix 'em?