Thursday, February 05, 2009

La De Freakin' Da

I complain every single day about how Kate won't sleep. She really is a vampire, we all know this. She sleeps for a few hours at a time, totalling about 10 hours at night. Cat naps in the car or while nursing during the day, total about 1-2 hours, max. (ususally much less). Babies are supposed to sleep ALL THE FREAKING TIME. She doesn't, so I complain.
Wellll...today she has been asleep for 2 1/2 hours and I'm going nuts! I don't even know what to do with myself! I'm so used to having her around that I don't even know how to be alone and quiet! Geez, kids have ruined me!
I have checked my email and facebook, read a few chapters out of Pride & Prejudice, cleaned my bathroom, tried to take a nap, peed twice, stared out the window & put my shoes on. Now I'm sitting in the living room writing this incredibly pointless blog, waiting for the little angel to start screaming. What the heck is wrong with me?

2 comments:

Kelly T said...

haha...oh my word, I can relate...even after we got Lacy sleep trained, she was NOT a long napper...and if on the VERY rare occasion she slept for 2 hours...OH MY WORD! I usually did not start longer house work because I was not guaranteed completion:) But, I counted my blessings...she was consistent, so that is SOMETHING! It was not a surprise that naps were gone at 2. Enjoy the unexpected break! yay for a sleepy Kate!

kara said...

what's wrong with you is that you pee too often.