Monday, March 10, 2008

Geek Squad


I just proved myself to be SUCH a girl. I was trying to print something from my laptop to the printer in the office. It didn't immediately work, so I thought maybe there was no paper. I checked. There was. Hmmm, what else could it be? I turned the printer off, waited a few seconds and turned it back on. Nothing. I went back to the laptop, hit print again and waited. Nothing. Gee, maybe I should try clicking "print" again, and again and again. Still nothing. So, I caved and called Josh. He said it's probably unplugged from the computer. He said to plug the blue network cable into the switch that was near the computer. I figured all of this out after a few minutes of standing in the middle of the office and spinning in circles. I often find that this not only helps me think, but also amuses me. So, network cable in, try printing again. Whoa!! It printed. 8 copies.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Stinkin' brilliant! I like the spinning in circles - that amuses me too and also helps me think - I do it regularly!!

Susie Q said...

Yeah, I just go from one room to another, trying to figure out why I came into one room then going back the way I came to see if that jostles the old memory. Seriously, you guys are gonna have to feed me with a big ol' airplane spoon one of these days...

froelica said...

I can imagined the confounded spinning. Its cute :)

Unknown said...

8 pages. thats priceless. : )

Mac said...

Mom has a hammer like the one in the picture.

Susie Q said...

I do not!

Susie Q said...

But I know someone who does...

kara said...

i have a hammer with flowers on it. my mother calls it a "ladies hammer". she's funny.

as for the printing nonsense...you have three children you care for on a daily basis...you're lucky you're not stark raving mad like Brangelina's nanny most likely is.