Friday, June 08, 2007

Duh!


Ok, so I really couldn't feel more dumb. Yesterday was Lauren's last day of school, or so I thought. I went to pick her up, all ready to hug her and congratulate her for finishing Kindergarten. I saw her teacher standing there, looking tired and I said, "you must be relieved". She said, "why?" so I said, "because you're done!" She said, "well we still have one more day in the classroom and then field day on Thursday. Did you think it was the last day?"

Yes, yes I did... I don't know where exactly the lines got crossed, but they did, and I'm dumb. So next week is the big day. Tuesday, she has school, then Thursday they have an optional field day. Not a clue what that means, but I'm sure she's going.

It's kinda bumming me out because I thought I was done getting up at the crack of dawn to get her out the door. We are also leaving for our vacation next Friday and I was really looking forward to not being rushed to get packed and ready. Oh well, it will make this vacation even more relaxing.

Anyway, wish us luck on the next 48 hours. It's going to be a whirlwind, but it will be so worth it! Congratulations to Haley and Andrew on graduating from highschool!!! We are all so proud!

7 comments:

Susie Q said...

Wow, welcome to my world Noskers! I mean really, the stuff I don't remember outweighs the stuff I do by a landslide.
...
Now what was I commenting on?

froelica said...

Well, think of it this way:

At least you don't have to write 10 of the required 15 pages of a research paper all today because you slacked off all week, even though you were given an extension.

Added bonus: There's a very good chance it will all account for nothing cause you might have to retake the class anyway (apparently I don't participate in class...)

Extra special bonus: The topic of the paper is "The Ecclesiastical Patronage of the Nobility of 11th Century Normandy".

ZZZZzzzzzz......

kara said...

I remember Field Day. There were games with flags. In fields. Flag field games. Joyful.

Emily said...

That is so freakin' hilarious Sarah! You are truely pregnant! :) I didn't think it made sense that you said that it was her last day last week and then this week they were going to have a little graduation thing for her - but I didn't want to say anything - maybe I should have... :)

anyway too funny....

Emily said...

Froeline - I think that paper sounds like the worst thing ever - I'm so sorry for you - did you get it all done yet? I kind of snored a little when reading the topic... I can't imagine having to write 10 - 15 pages on that subject... :(

froelica said...

Yes, Emily. I DID finish it. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!

And now I'm crazy, apparently.

Emily said...

I would probably go crazy too if I had to write a paper on such an exciting topic!!!