Monday, November 10, 2008

It's not even my party and I'll cry if I want to.

Lauren is turning 8 on Friday. I'm in denial. I think I'm just going to start telling people she's turning 6. You think that might work? Gramma Lynn used to push on our heads, pretending to squish us and tell us we were growing up too fast. I thought she was just being silly, but I get it now. We really were growing up too fast. I know because I'm 28 now and it was just yesterday that she was pushing on my head.
So for the big 8th (or 6th) birthday bash, I'm going to throw a slumber party. I know I'm crazy. You don't have to tell me. I'm purposely going to enclose myself in a house with 8 little girls for the night. Luckily, I'll have backup.
I'm new at this though and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for party activities/foods/etc. Let me know.

5 comments:

Susie Q said...

Seeing as the slumber party house will be mine while I am away, you must promise to take oodles of pictures.
This will be the first of many, so brace yourself. The noise level is insane and the frantic way it spirals into tears is astounding. Watch out for the really fragile ones, they could spoil a good time. Let the ones that really need to sleep...sleep. They can use the kids room.
Games? I think the less structured the better. Believe me, they will find plenty of things to do whether you direct them or not.
A thought. Have Josh put together a "Slumber Party Mix" for her. They can burn off tons of energy dancing.
And your Wii game is a must.

Susie Q said...

Oh and try having your first born have a daughter turning 8...
Booo, Yawww

Unknown said...

I believe we discussed this already: Spin the Bottle, 7 Minutes in Heaven, Practice-Kissing, and so forth.

I agree with burning off energy in any way possible. I know that if I were chaperone I would recoil at the mention of "Hide and Go Seek", but that's what I would want to play if I was 8.

kara said...

ok, now i want to hear how it went!

Sarah said...

Ok. So the party went really well. We heard an unbelievable amount of screaming for the first two hours or so. They really never calmed down until the next morning.
Only one girl cried and it was because she missed her mom at like 7pm, an hour after she got there. She got over it.
Lauren got a Hannah Montana dress up set from Emily and wore it the rest of the night. I hardly have any pictures of her not in it. It's actually wierd how much different she looks with a blonde wig.
All in all, it was a lot of fun. Loud, but fun. Kate even slept in the portable crib for most of the night, right through the girls shrieking up and down the stairs.