Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dancing Fools

I'm home tonight with the kiddos while Josh takes in a little culture. By "culture", I mean "Chromeo". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMz0mkfPCjY. Besides the fact that they are extremely catchy, I like them because Kate loves them. She can't help herself when she hears her favorite song, "Fancy Footwork". She starts twisting her wrists and ankles and rocking her little body to the music.
Speaking of dancing...last night was a blast. Kari called me up at about 5pm and asked me to come out with her and her fiance. I quickly pumped a bottle for Kate, made and ate some dinner and headed out. Unfortunately, Kate wasn't happy about me leaving so she gave Josh crap for 2 hours and then finally fell asleep. Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to get to know Matt (the fiance) before I'm a bridesmaid in their wedding in less than two weeks. I met them at Coyote's Grill, which is surprisingly a happening place at night. We sat outside on the patio and drank faaaaaaaaaar too much beer. They had a band playing so we took advantage of the dance floor. Kari has an amazing way of luring complete strangers to dance. She was pulling old men and polo shirt clad intel workers out to dance. Like I said, amazing. I must say though that the highlight of the night was when Kari finally got the band to play "Crazy Bitch" for her. The lyrics are deep, so bear with me here..."You're a crazy bitch but you fuck so good I'm on top of it." I know, deep. But what was funny about this is that I was dancing with my sister to that song. Huh.

3 comments:

kara said...

dancing is fun. my toenails are pink.

Susie Q said...

I am sooo sad I missed it. It would have been some kind of wrong for your MOTHER to dance to that with you, but I wooda...

Mac said...

I wonder if we could have those song lyrics arranged for Barbershop?